Monday, May 28, 2007

Doctor Appointment Update

What I didn't mention in the last post about the doctor appointment was how the doctor informed me that I needed a follow-up mammogram. The very same doctor who had been joking around with me five minutes earlier comes around the corner (from reading the radiologists report) and with a serious face tells me that I need more views. To me it sounded something like this.

Blah, blah, blah, mammogram report, blah, blah, blah, more views. Blah, blah, blah asymmetry, blah, normal, blah don't be worried, blah, blah, blah, lots of women have to go back for more views.
And this would have been just fine and I would not have had the panic attack in the car if she hadn't done what came next...

THE SHOULDER SQUEEZE! I'm standing there as she gives me the shoulder squeeze and the first thought that came running into my brain... "I'm gong to DIE!!!!!"

Well I am relieved to report that I am not going to die just yet. I just got the radiology report back and I am happy to report that "things" are just fine. No evidence of breast cancer.

All I can say is ...PHEW!

I have a friend who is struggling with breast cancer. In no way am I trying to make light of this disease. Shanda and I talk a lot about doctors, hospitals, reports, etc. She could totally relate to the "Shoulder Squeeze". You can find out more about her struggle with breast cancer at the link below. But more than anything else, Shanda needs your prayers. So next time you throw a prayer up, please pray for Shanda and her family. Check out her blog for the latest on her condition. She is one tough, strong, courageous Christian woman and I am proud to call her friend.

www.shandasexperience.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Shanda said...

awwwwwwwww Diana!!!! What sweet things to say about me!!! You made my cry :) :).... happy tears. We serve an awesome God! I am proud to call you sister :)
Love you and hope to see you soon!!